SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH-L ArchivesArchiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060104700
From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] ROLL CALL
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:34:36 +0200
1. Marielle Ford
1. FORD, 1820 Settler James Edward - can't find where he was born.
2. STRANSHAM - James Edward's wife was Frances STRANSHAM - Kent, UK
3. HAYTER - links to the FORD line via Inez Maria HAYTER
4. COPELAND - links to the FORD line via Doris Edith COPELAND - Gloucestershire
5. BRADFIELD - links to the FORD line via Marjorie Lorraine BRADFIELD - lots of people!
6. TARR - links to the BRADFIELD line in many places
7. WILSON - huge brick wall - George William WILSON buried in Uitenhage. Had 11 sons, one of which was my grandfather. Need George's birth details. Only family bible to work from.
8. MALLEN - Scotland to SA c. 1900 - John Lindores MALLEN. Looking for SCT info.
9. LINDORES - links to MALLEN line via Jane LINDORES 1852-1936. Looking for SCT info.
10. MARÉ - huge brick wall - Wynand Wilhelmus MARÉ - family came from France on the "Minerva" - no dates. Farmed at Greytown and Eshowe, Natal. Married Anne Gertrude HOGG (Scottish). Mined at Barberton as well. His daughter, Lilian Golden, was the first white baby to be born at Barberton.
11. PHILLIPS - family from Kingston-on-Thames. Came to SA 1949 - Basil and Joan PHILLIPS.
12. MIDDLEMAS - linked to MALLEN line via Charlotte MIDDLEMAS - Scotland c 1820.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I know the WILSON clan are out there somewhere.......
|[ZA-IB] ROLL CALL by "Marielle Ford" <>|