Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060113245

From: "Derek Hughes" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Roll Call
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:54:30 +0200

Hi All,

Great idea!

Here's my info
> 1. Derek Hughes

> 2.

> 3. Key family lines I am researching - info is the oldest known ancestor.
HUGHES George Robert (b. Jan 1799, emigrated from England to Australia
in 1840)
COLLIER Robert Foster (b. Bray, Dublin, Ireland, emigrated to
Australia)
SCOTT William (m. Elizabeth ADIE)
REES William (b. 19 Feb 1861, Reading, England, d. 25 May 1923,
Cape Town)
MILFORD William (b. 21 Jan 1853, Tedburn St Mary, England)
COXEN see dead ends below...
HEATON Joseph Sargeant - he is my ggreat grandfather, so I est his
birth in mid 1800's.
TARBOTON Henry (b 1637) - my gggreat grandfather is David Hainsworth
TARBOTON (b. 20 Jun 1812, Leeds)
DUGMORE Isaac (b abt 1783, d. 30 Sep 1857) - An 1820 Settler.

> 4. Dead Ends, if you haven't listed them in #3.

COXEN
I am trying to find information about my ggreat grandmother, Maud Winifred
COXEN. What I know to date is from family members and I have found only one
formal reference to her which was on her late husband's estate file in the
SA archives.

I estimate that she was born in the 1880's and she died in Johannesburg,
sometime in the 1980's aged over 100. She married Fred Stanley MILFORD (b
28 Aug 1878, Clapham, London, d. 12 Oct 1914, he held a position in the
first union government). She later married his brother Harry Mears MILFORD
(b. 2 Sep 1882, East London, SA).

I have all of her descendants information, but nothing on her ancestors,
herself or her siblings. Anything would help.

Regards
Derek

This thread: