Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060460556

From: "sharon marshall" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Wright/Penny
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:22:52 +0200

Hi Becky,
Thanks a stack for this - the penny has dropped, if you'll pardon the pun!
I had Elizabeth Penny as daughter of Charles PENNY and Sarah NUNN. I've just
noticed that Sarah died in 1814, so this must be his first wife. I also have
Charles Jnr, b 1813, as their son.
Susannah BAGSHAW was his second wife (m 16 Mar 1816 in London), and, in
addition to the children you have, there is:
Samuel Palmer PENNY, b 1839, d 27 Aug 1861 in Cradock. He married Esther
TROLLIP (b 1833, do Jacob TROLLIP and Rebecca ROGERS). After he died, Esther
married Thomas Revington SMALLMAN. (His DN says he was son of Charles and
Susannah)

On the subject of PENNY, I have the following without parents - can anyone
help?
Martha Louisa PENNY (1845-1914) m William Thomas HARTLEY (1839-1907)
Marianne Elizabeth PENNY m James Joseph HARTLEY (so William John H and Mary
smith CAWOOD)
Maria Ann PENNY m Thomas Henry HARTLEY (so Jeremiah H and Elizabeth WEEKS)

Rupert Mortimer PENNY m Ada Mildred TROLLIP (1901-1980)

Hope you're not as cold as we are down here,
Sharon