Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060484195

From: Elva Hanly <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] SCOTTISH SETTLERS - MOODIE - 1817
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:56:35 +1000

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for the ref to Charles STEADE.

Where and how can I obtain a copy of "British Residents at the Cape
1795-1819" by Peter Philip? I suspect my STEEDE/STEADEs in SA were there
before the 1820 Settlers. Any other references of British
Settlers/Immigrants before 1820 would be appreciated. Would appreciate
your guidance here.

Thanks,
Elva
> Hi Elva
> There is just the one.....
> STEADE, Charles, Lt. 60th Foot. Served South Africa
> 1816-17
> Reference/Source: African Court Calendar/Kaapsche Courant
> Kind regards
> Lynn MacLead

This thread: