Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060918284

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] ALIWAL NORTH WESLEYAN METHODIST CAPE BAPTISMS 1874 - 1875
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:31:24 +0200

Herewith the next batch of Aliwal North baptisms.

If you spot any errors etc, please let me have the corrections so that I can
amend the database. Unfortunately the writing is really bad in some places
and I have marked things that I am not sure of with ??

The information come from Items 8 Microfilm# 1560853

The information is in the following order:
Ref (My numbering as the entries are not numbers in the records)
Surname First Names
Parents with father's occupation and their address
Birth date (y/m/d)
Baptised date (y/m/d)

23 BRIGHT Justus William
Matthias and Rosina, General Dealer of Aliwal North
1873/03/02
1874/01/25

24 IMPEY Richard Frederic
Charles Lennox and Katherine Christina, Farmer of Roodewall?
Not given
1874/04/09

25 SIMES Letitia Jane Georgina
Humphrey James Roy and Mary Amelia, General Dealer of Alwynskop, Basutoland
Not given
1874/04/09

26 COPE Grace Jane
Andrew and Arrabella, Mason of Aliwal North
1874/07/08
1874/08/02

27 FARLEY Oswald Ellington
Daniel William and Matilda Jane, Shopkeeper of Aliwal North
1874/08/19
1874/10/04

28 MURRAY Ada Louisa
Andrew and Maria, Pont Keeper of Aliwal North
1874/07/02
1874/10/06

29 PITCHERS Albert Jospeh John
Thomas Joseph Albert and Isabella, Wheelwright of Aliwal North
1874/08/01
1874/10/11

30 WILLS Hilda May
John Thomas and Annie Maria, Accountant of Aliwal North
1874/10/30
1874/11/29

31 PHILLIPSON Sarah Ann
Andrew and Emily Ann, Carrier of Aliwal North
1875/01/04
1875/03/24

32 PARKER Amy Letitia
Ameyo ? Brocke? And Letitia Catherine, Ironmonger of Aliwal North
1874/07/20
1875/03/31

33 BENSON Alice Ann
Henry and Jane Levina. Farmer of Woodhouse
1875/02/24
1875/04/01

34 McCLINTOCK Martha
Andrew and Mary Jane, Butcher of Aliwal North
Not given
1875/05/16

35 GIBSON William John
William and Elizabeth, Trader of Aliwal North
Not given
1875/08/04

36 BRITTANO Arthur Hallans ?
Alfred and Margaret, Storekeeper (Draper) of Aliwal North
Not given
1875/08/22

37 WRIGHT Violet Georgiana
George Newenhusn and Emily Augusta, Storekeeper (deceased) of Aliwal North
Not given
1875/08/29

38 ROWING May Augusta
Jacob Thomas and Annie Elizabeth, Merchant of Bensonvale
Not given
1875/09/16

39 SMITH Letitia Gertrude
John and Fanny Elizabeth, Minister of Aliwal North
Not given
1875/11/27

40 ROGERS John Stratford
William Downs and Johanna Jacoba, Farmer of Knilfontein Albert
1875/10/27
1875/12/26

More to follow

Kind rgds