Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060918779

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] ALIWAL NORTH WESLEYAN METHODIST CAPE BAPTISMS 1876 - 1877
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:39:39 +0200

Herewith the next batch of Aliwal North baptisms.

If you spot any errors etc, please let me have the corrections so that I can
amend the database. Unfortunately the writing is really bad in some places
and I have marked things that I am not sure of with ??

The information come from Items 8 Microfilm# 1560853

The information is in the following order:
Ref (My numbering as the entries are not numbers in the records)
Surname First Names
Parents with father's occupation and their address
Birth date (y/m/d)
Baptised date (y/m/d)

41 DENISON Gertrude Kate
Charles Walter and Catherine, Apothecary, Aliwal North
Not given
1876/01/12

42 MURRAY Walter George
Andrew and Maria Matilda, Pont Keeper of Aliwal North
1876/02/08
1876/03/??

43 WILLS Edith Mary?
John Thomas and Annie Maria, Accountant of Aliwal North
1876/03/23
1876/04/16

44 PETERSON Hilda? Frances
Leonard and Amelia Frances, Mason of Molteno
Not given
1876/05/17

45 BEKKER Jacob Andrew
Condrad and Ellen Mary Elizabeth, Hotel Keeper, District of Aliwal North
Not given
1876/07/18

46 LOTS Margaret Catherine
Gabriel and Bridget Francina, Mason of Aliwal North
Not given
1876/07/18

47 SMITH Edwin William
John and Fanny Elizabeth, Minister of Aliwal North
1876/09/07
1876/10/15

48 DENISON Margaret Elizabeth
Charles Walter and Catherine, Chemist and Druggist, Aliwal North
1876/09/16
1876/10/15

49 COOPER Thomas Gerhard
Harry and Jane, Builder of Aliwal North
1876/09/30
1876/11/13

50 KIDWELL Archibald Alexander
Alexander James and Jane Wills, General Dealer of Jamestown
1876/06/13
1876/12/02

51 GUTHRIE Lillias Catherine
Adam and Catherine, carrier of Aliwal North
1876/10/15
1876/12/22

52 ROWING Winifred Elizabeth
Josiah Thomas and Annie Elizabeth, on the Bethulie Bridge Staff of Aliwal
North
1877/01/03
1877/01/24

53 SMITH Harriett Carolina
George Edward and Susannah Mary, Furrier of Jamestown
1876/07/25
1877/02/11

54 WYATT Agnes Julia
Henry and Sophia, Butcher of Lady Grey
1873/09/06
1877/03/21

55 WYATT Harry Peter Jospeh
Henry and Sophia, Butcher of Lady Grey
1876/11/04
1877/03/21

56 PHILLIPSON Ellen Jacoba
Andrew and Emily Ann, Carrier of Aliwal North
1877/01/29
1877/05/01

57 KOCK Eva Sophia
Hendrick and Elizabeth, Farmer of Koningskroon, Kwaai River
1869/07/27
1877/05/05

58 KOCK Fortyn Abram
Hendrick and Elizabeth, Farmer of KoningsKroon Kraai River
1871/08/12
1877/05/05

59 KOCK Hendrick Johannes
Hendrick and Elizabeth, Farmer of KoningsKroon Kraai River
1874/02/06
1877/05/05

60 KOCK Dinah Martine
Hendrick and Elizabeth, Farmer of KoningsKroon Kraai River
1876/05/30
1877/05/05

61 ARMSTRONG Helen Mary Steynor?
Francis and Agnes, Photographer of Aliwal North
1877/04/25
1877/07/26

62 HOVELMEIER Henrietta Jane
Henry Brockman and Elizabeth Alice, Confectioner of Aliwal North
1877/07/11
1877/08/12

63 NOAH Benjamin
Jan and Martha, Labourer of Jamestown
Not given
1877/08/12

64 O'CONNER John Denis
John and Hannah Maria, Road Overseer of Elands Bay
1877/06/28
1877/08/27

65 LODEWIJK Elizabeth (Adult)
Joseph and Deborah, Custom House Servant of Aliwal North
Not given
1877/08/28

66 MATHEWS Charles Jeken? Crespen?
John and Hester Magdalena Wilhemina, Clerk of Aliwal North
1877/04/19
1877/09/09

67 BECKER Maria Margaretha
Conrad and Ellen, Hotel Keeper at Bushmanskop, OFS
Not given
1877/09/23

68 SPRINGVELD Petrus Johannes
Piet and Christina, Servant of Aliwal North
Not given
1877/09/30

69 DODD Mary Alicia
Thomas and Mary Martha, General Storeman of Aliwal North
Not given
1877/10/23

70 WALKER Christian Hendry
Jessie and Annie, Mason of Jamestown
Not given
1877/11/04

71 START Gertrude
Joseph and Margaret Rydapid?, Weslyan Minister of Bensonvale, Aliwal
1877/10/11
1877/11/06

72 TRACEY no first name given
William (no mother - could this be an adult baptism?), Mason of Aliwal North
Not given
1877/11/25

73 DE LA ROSE James Daniel
Francisco and Ellen, Horse Dealer of Aliwal North
1877/08/04
1877/12/26

More to follow

Kind rgds