Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060957562

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] ALIWAL NORTH WESLEYAN METHODIST CAPE BAPTISMS 1880
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:26:02 +0200

Herewith next batch

If you spot any errors etc, please let me have the corrections so that I can
amend the database. Unfortunately the writing is really bad in some places
and I have marked things that I am not sure of with ??

The information come from Items 8 Microfilm# 1560853

The information is in the following order:
Ref (My numbering as the entries are not numbers in the records)
Surname First Names
Parents with father's occupation and their address
Birth date (y/m/d)
Baptised date (y/m/d)

137 BEST Elizabeth Anne
James Arthur and Elsie Dorothy, Farmer of Danfontein?, Aliwal North
1880/06/22
1880/01/12

138 KOCK Renie Jacoba Martina
Hendrick and Elizabeth, Sheep Farmer of Kongskroon Kraai River, Aliwal
1879/11/02
1880/02/15

139 McCLEOD Henry James
Henry Robert and Margaret, Sergeant Major CMR
1879/12/30
1880/02/20

140 TOBIA?? Tobia
Reuben and Julia, sheep farmer of Hallspruit
Not given
1880/02/29

141 FINCHAM Frank Alexander
Frank Pottinger and Louisa Elizabeth, Clerk of Jamestown
1879/08/12
1880/03/21

142 ELLIOT Percival John
William and Maria, Blacksmith of Aliwal North
1880/03/01?
1880/04/11

143 TROLLIP Jacob Jacobus
Jacob William and Martha Elizabeth Christine, Veeboer, Meerderwyk
Stormbergen
1879/09/28
1880/05/05

144 SMALL Albert James
James and Eliza, Overseer of Jamestown
1880/05/16
1880/06/13

145 WALKER John
David and Margaret, of Jamestown
Not given
1880/06/13

146 START Mabel Adelina
Joseph and Margaret Rydyard?, Weslyan Minister of Bensonvale, Herschel
1880/05/30
1880/06/17

147 MOSS Zina Elizabeth
Johannes and Rens Elizabeth, Sheep Farmer of Kings Kroon, Aliwal North
1880/07/18
1880/08/29

148 WATSON Annie
John and Eleanor, Primative Methodist Minister of Aliwal North
1880/08/21
1880/09/10

149 HOVELMEIER George Brockman
Henry and Elizabeth Alice, Baker and Confectioner of Aliwal North
1880/09/09
1880/10/20

150 SHEPHERD Catherine Frances
Edward Francis Symons and Susannah Johanna, Confectioner of Aliwal North
1872/04/12
1880/10/31

151 SHEPHERD Susannah Johanna
Edward Francis Symons and Susannah Johanna, Confectioner of Aliwal North
1873/12/29
1880/10/31

152 SHEPHERD Annie
Edward Francis Symons and Susannah Johanna, Confectioner of Aliwal North
1877/02/06
1880/10/31

153 SHEPHERD Sophia
Edward Francis Symons and Susannah Johanna, Confectioner of Aliwal North
1879/03/03
1880/10/31

154 MOSS Sina Flappina
Philip and Dinah Caroline, Painter of Aliwal North
1880/06/17
1880/11/07

155 SMITH Adolph George
George Edward and Susannah Mary, Blacksmith of Jamestown
1880/06/08
1880/12/12

156 AUSTIN Laura Amelia
William and Caroline, Farmer of Morning Sun Aliwal North
1880/10/16
1880/12/13

Kind rgds
Nolene