Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1061146746

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] FLETCHER
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:59:06 +0200

Hello Russell

Apologies for the slip. This is the only amendment.
Agnes Amelia +13.7.1862 aged 5 yrs 6 mths d.o. J.C. and C.F.C.
C.F.C. is not recorded in the new edition of the Old Grahamstown Cemetery
MI's.

Sarah (NZ) has also queried a date for HEATH which has been incorrectly
recorded. Unfortunately the transcribers can only go by what they read, but
as Len Stratford has pointed out, even tombstones have been found to be
incorrect due to illiteracy of that era.

I'm not sure when Cemetery recordings will be done again. The ones that I am
transcribing from is dated 1996. The prior reading was done in the 1980's,
so a wild guess would be every 10 years or so.

I regard MI's as a guideline only. The DN is the best source to go by if you
wish to be precise. However, I have been admonished on that thought as well.
So now I'm always on the look-out for confirmers.

Regards,
Becky