Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1061362727

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] FORT BEAUFORT WESLEYAN METHODIST CAPE BAPTISMS 1838 - 1839
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:24:22 +0200

Hi all

I decided on Fort Beaufort as my next extraction exercise. The handwriting
in the register is absolutely appalling in places so please ensure that you
check everything for yourself.

If you spot any errors etc, please let me have the corrections so that I can
amend the database. I have made my best attempt to decipher the writing
(which could be wrong!)and have marked things that I could not decipher with
??
(there are a lot!)

The information come from Items 21 Microfilm# 1560854

The information is in the following order:
Ref (As per register)
Surname First Names
Parents with father's occupation and their address
Birth date (y/m/d)
Baptised date (y/m/d)

No number GOLDFINCH William
William and Elizabeth
1838/04/13
1838/05/13

No number MACMYCK??? Catharine
Lachlan and Ann
1838/04/27
1838/05/16

No number MACAULEFF??
Mary Anne
David and Mary
1838/01/23
1838/05/27

No number DEAN John Henry
Charles and Mary Ann
1838/??/28
1838/05/27

1 PARKINSON ? Katrina ? Ann
Charles and Sophia
1838/03/09
1838/06/06

2 BARNES Willamina Ann
James and Sarah
1838/06/14
1838/07/08

3 BOWIE Catharine Margaret
John and Elizabeth
1838/02/01
1838/07/10

4 RICHARDSON Sarah Ann Wyatt
James and Ellen
1837/11/28
1838/07/22

5 STAPLES Caroline Elizabeth
John and Mary Foy? Toy?
1838/06/01
1838/07/22

6 BARNES ? Mary Anne Amelia
John and Sarah
1838/01/16
1838/08/03

7 HAW? HALL? Georgina Maria Landy
Robert and Rosalie
1838/07/28
1838/08/19

8 BELL Jane Elizabeth
Daniel and Caroline Elizabeth of Bradsham?
1838/11/04
1838/11/16

9 BRADFIELD Walter John
John and Eliza Theale
1838/11/15
1838/12/02

10 RICHEN ? Hannah
John and Hannah
1838/11/18
1838/12/09

11 MARX Johannes Theodorus
James ? Theodorus and Joanna Isabella
1838/10/02
1838/12/22

12 BOTHMA Dirk Jacobus
Christophel and Elina Louisa
1838/10/05
1839/01/24

13 WEBSTER Daniel
Thomas and Mary
1837/01/26
1839/03/11

14 WEBSTER Ellen ? Mary
Thomas and Mary
1839/05/19
1839/03/11

15 SMITH William Sanders
John Josiah and Harriett/ Hannah?
1839/01/12
1839/02/05

16 PARKINSON ? George
Joseph and Mary
1838/11/27
1839/04/08

17 TROLLIP Mary Hester?
Stephan and Jane
1839/05/29
1839/05/31

18 MORRIS Mary Jane
William and Eliza
1839/05/12
1839/06/09

19 HEYSON??? TYSON?? Donald
John and Fanny
1839/03/13
1839/07/07

20 PATRICK Benjamin
Job and Hester
1839/06/27
1839/07/21

21 ENGELBRECHT/BOTHA Jacomina Hendrina
Reyner ENGELBRECHT and Jacomina Hendrina BOTHA
1839/07/22
1839/08/16

22 BOTHA John Richard Vaughan?? Or Mayham???
Henry James and Catherina Johanna Elizabeth
1839/04/18
1839/08/12

23 ODENDAAL Anna Jacoba
Hendrick and Anna Jacoba
1839/03/04
1839/09/??

24 CAHILL John Henry
John and Enory?? Of 75th Reg
1839/10/29
1839/11/19

25 DEXTER Henry William
Henry and Eleanor
1839/11/17
1839/12/08

26 TUCKER Susannah Ann
Isaac and Elizabeth
1839/11/12
1839/12/15

27 WELLINGTON Harriett
Charles and Jane
1839/11/22
1839/12/15

As you can see, a lot of familiar names.

have fun
Nolene

This thread: