Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1061413459

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] various postings - Becky - ABBOTT - HORN or HORNE
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:04:19 +0200

Hi Henry

The game of genealogy is never over.
Having so much fun with the PAXTON Tree.
Have found a HILL and working real hard on that link at the moment, but
coming back to the HORN....

My HORNE is of Welsh / English descent. Still has to be determined.
Before William Henry HORNE came to South Africa, it was surmised that the
spelling of his surname was HORN. Again this has not been established.

Ironically, William was also in construction and died while working for a
construction company that was building the Feather Market Hall in Port
Elizabeth.

Giggi Horne, also a HORNE researcher, has been in contact with Pat (NZ) and
myself concerning her Henry HORNE (born Oct 30 1890, baptised Dec 9 1890,
parents James Henry and Annie Horne, resident Nelspoort) Maybe if you get in
touch with her, she might have more and better leads than what I can
provide.

Best wishes
Becky
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Researching: HENWICK; HILL; HORN(E); MEREDITH; DEYZEL; LARSEN; WILSON;
LYNAR; HENNING; STERLEY; THECK; BEST; BRAUN, GREENER; GLANVILLE