Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1061492661

From: "sharon marshall" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] RE JAMES HENRY DICKS
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:04:21 +0200

Hi Colin,
Not quite sure what you mean, but it is possible that your James Henry
Dicks, (+ 1881-06-03 at du Toits Pan) and JHD (61 DICK James Henry
1834/10/22 1840/10/11 Joseph and Sarah Maria (Hesson??)) are the same
people. I don't know which Joseph this is, but datewise he may be son of
settler James (i.e. brother of Uriah).
Guess we'll have to check the NAAIRS..
BTW, where were these TORRS you speak of? I know there were quite a few
around Komga, the grils of which are mentioned in Guy Butler's Karoo
Morning. Also a science teacher TORR at Queen's College in my dad's day -
quite the most tolerant man who put up with all sorts of pranks - he was
still around in my day at GHS, and used to fill in when our teachers were
away.
Speaking of GHS, I remember a Megan DICKS was at school with me, but I think
a bit older,
Will let you know if I find anything more,
Sharon