Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1061634241

From: "Heather MacAlister" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] Powell
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:24:01 +0200

Hello Juanita

Did a quick search for estate papers at the National Archives Web site at:
www.national.archives.gov.za and found this list of Annie + Powell
SELECT SOURCE VOLUME NO REFERENCE DESCRIPTION BEGIN DATE END DATE
MOOC 6/9/4088 33899 DORMER, ADA ANNIE. NEE POWELL. ESTATE PAPERS.
1932 1932
MOG 1/1/390 92/60 POWELL, SARAH ANNIE. NEE SANDERS. ESTATE PAPERS.
1960 1960
MOOC 13/1/4186 96 POWELL, ANNIE CRAWFORD. LIQUIDATION AND
DISTRIBUTION ACCOUNT. FIRST 1921 1921
MOOC 6/9/1881 53 POWELL, ANNIE CRAWFORD. NEE SCOTT. ESTATE PAPERS.
1921 1921
MOOC 6/9/4355 39808 POWELL, ANNIE MARIA. NEE FISHER. ESTATE PAPERS.
1933 1933
MMK7590/1-989 Griqualand West Board of Executors. 1900 1960
MSCE 0 32438/1941 POWELL, ANNIE SHEEACH. (BORN MACKINTOSH) (S/S
POWELL, FREDERICK 1941 1942
MSCE 00 1385/1945 CARTER, VICTOR BADEN POWELL. S/SP CARTER, ANNIE
BESSIE. 1945 1964
MSCE 2933/1974 WOODWORTH, IDA ANNIE. (BORN POWELL). BORN IN DUDLEY,
WORES, ENGLAND. 1974 1995
MSCE 4131/1974 POWELL, JOHN. BORN IN ENGLAND. PREDECEASED SPOUSE
POWELL, ANNIE 1974 1975
MSCE 1852/1967 MERCER, ANNIE ELIZABETH. BORN POWELL. BORN IN
BRISTOL, ENGLAND. PRSP 1967 1967
MSCE 1218/1951 LANDSBERG, ERNEST GODFRED. S.SP. LANDSBERG, ANNIE
DOROTHY. (BORN 1933 1952
MSCE 0 6/318 FORD, ANNIE. (BORN POWELL). 1887 1888
MSCE 0 2449/1957 POWELL, ANNIE BEATRICE. (BORN DREW). BORN IN
LONDON, ENGLAND. S/SP 1955 1957
MHG 0 5484 POWELL, GEORGE HENDRIK. 1904 1904
MHG 0 64057 POWELL, ANNIE HAINE. BORN PADFIELD. 1927 1927
MHG 11084/69 ROBINSON, HENRY GEORGE. 1969 1969
MHG 12979/70 POWELL, CECIL ERNEST. 1969 1969
MHG 0 281/58 WHITTOCK, GEORGE HENRY. 1957 1957
WLD 0 129/1913 ILLIQUID CASE DIVORCE WILLIAM HENRY POWELL VERSUS
ANNIE CHRISTINA 1913 1913

to obtain copies of these documents you will either have to write to the
archives concerned, ask someone very nicely or pay a researcher.

Heather's South African Genealogy Help List www.genealogy.co.za

Join the Cape Town Family History Society

1805, 1829 & 1849 Cape Almanac now on CD also available now is Women of SA
(1913) completely indexed with married and maiden names and 1259 portraits.
Coming soon is the 1900 Cape Almanac with over 500 pages of residents and
occupations of people in Cape Town from Sea Point to Simonstown -
www.genealogy.co.za/scribes_ink.html

To Join the South African-British Immigrants Mailing List please send an
email to

and type the word
"subscribe" in the Subject line