Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-09 > 1062400332

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] FORT BEAUFORT WESLEYAN METHODIST CAPE BAPTISMS 1868
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:38:22 +0200

Herewith next batch

Please don't forget to send me any corrections or details if you can clarify
any of the ???? The handwriting in the register is absolutely appalling in
places so please ensure that you check everything for yourself.

If you spot any errors etc, please let me have the corrections so that I can
amend the database. I have made my best attempt to decipher the writing.

The information come from Items 22 Microfilm# 1560854

The information is in the following order:
Ref (As per the new register - missing numbers were not transcribed as they
were either adult baptisms or were obviously not English names)
Surname First Names
Parents with father's occupation and their address (if given in register)
Birth date (y/m/d)
Baptised date (y/m/d)
Location of Baptism (if given)

3 HUNTER Mary Jane
David and Isabella Agnes of Fort Beaufort
1867/11/23
1868/01/10
at Fort Beaufort

4 GARRETT? GANETT? Florence
Charles Edward and the late Annie of Fort Beaufort
1867/10/26?
1868/01/12
At the house of William ???

5 HENDRICKS Martha
William and Nomente of Seymour
about 3 yrs
1868/01/12
at Fort Beaufort

6 HENDRICKS Emily
William and Nomente of Seymour
about 2 yrs
1868/01/12
at Fort Beaufort

7 HENDRICKS Ida
William and Nomente of Seymour
1867/11/15
1868/01/12
at Fort Beaufort

8 BOLD Frances Emily
Richard and Elizabeth of Seymour
1867/??/09
1868/03/08

9 HINES William Thomas
William and Caroline of Stoney vale, Fort Beaufort
1867/12/31
1868/03/14

10 GARDNER Annie Louisa
Hezekial and Matilda of The Groot Fish River?
1868/01/25
1868/03/22

11 SCHWARTZEL Sarah Ann
Johannes and Emma of Vogel district Albany
1867/12/25
1868/01/22

12 HOLMES Emily Mary Eliza
Seth Nathaniel (deceased) and Mary Ann of Border?
1867/05/03
1868/03/22

13 WESSELS Daniel
Daniel and Johanna of Fort Beaufort, private in Cape Mounted Rifles
1867/01/06
1868/04/10

14 SNODGRASS Emily Sarah
John and Mary of Gonjana
1860?/02/22
1868/04/10

15 SHAW John
John and Katharine of Lashagta?? Stockenstroom
1863/11/18
1868/08/18

16 SHAW Mary Ann
John and Katharine of Lashagta?? Stockenstroom
1866/01/03
1868/08/18

17 MISSELHORSE??? William John
Elijah and Mary Ann
1867/11/29
1868/02/25

18 REED Sidney William
William and Caroline Amelia of Nanaga Alexandria
1867/06/10
1868/02/25

19 CULLINAN John Carr
Thomas Bates and Eliza Harriet Carr of Fase? Stockenstroom
1868/01/13
1868/03/29

20 TONTELA William Josiah
John and Betsey of Seymour
1867/12/10?
1868/03/25

21 JUBBER William Efford
Edmund and Frances Elizabeth of Fort Beaufort
1868/02/10
1868/04/16

22 INGLETHORPE May Ann
John and May Ann of Seymour
1868/01/16
1868/05/03

23 GRAHAM Minnie Augusta
William and Mary Elizabeth of Seymour
1868/03/25
1868/05/03

26 KADASE Elizabeth
Johannes and Mary of Seymour
1868/02/24
1868/05/05

27 COCHRANE David
David and Aletta of Lushington Stockenstroom
1868/01/09
1868/05/21

28 GIBSON Sarah Jane
William and Elizabeth of Seymour
1868/01/26
1868/06/21

29 BROWN John Henry
William and Mary Ann, Sapper of Fort Beaufort
1868/04/21
1868/06/21

30 NEL John
Hendrick Cornelius and Margaret of Gonzana?
1868/06/25
1868/07/02

31 BAILEY William Charles
William and Tamsen of Lushington Stockenstroom
1868/04/20
1868/06/21

32 KEYS Ann Margaret
Robert and Margaret of Lushington Stockenstroom
1868/04/13
1868/06/21

33 HARRIS Alfred Ernest
Philip Thomas and Margaret of Lushington Stockenstroom
1868/05/30
1868/06/21

34 NELL Sophia
Hans and Matilda of Lushington Stockenstroom
1860/10/26
1868/06/21

35 NELL Matilda
Hans and Matilda of Lushington Stockenstroom
1863/03/02
1868/06/21

36 NELL Anthony Whaham?
Hans and Matilda of Lushington Stockenstroom
1865/07/20
1868/06/21

37 NELL Isabella
Hans and Matilda of Lushington Stockenstroom
1868/03/26
1868/06/21

38 GARDNER Jessie
Hezekial and Matilda of The Groot Fish River?
1868/??/26
1868/07/26

39 MASGELLANO? Edith Helen
Alexander Mentjies? And Lydia of Fort Beaufort
1868/06/11
1868/07/23

40 LOZERING? Sarah Jane Bathold?
Jacob and Alice Harriet of Fort Beaufort
Cannot read
1868/08/16

41 SHUTT?? Ethebert Walker Grey
George Frederick and Maria of Fort Beaufort
1868/07/27
1868/09/03

42 VINE Nicodemus
John and Dorcas of Fort Beaufort
1868/06/23
1868/09/06

43 SHARP John Daniel
William and Catherine of Fort Beaufort
1868/06/12
1868/10/03
at Mr Sharp's house

44 SHAW Sidney Thomas
Jessie and Mary Anne of Fort Beaufort
1868/08/07
1868/10/10
at Fort Beaufort

45 PETROS Lydia
Windvogel? and Sarah of Nondyoto
1868/03/02
1868/11/29
at Fort Beaufort

46 MACCULLUM William Alexander
Alexander and Mary Eliza of Fort Beaufort
1868/11/14
1868/12/13
at Fort Beaufort

47 SEFANDS? Albert Henry
John and Metjie of Fort Beaufort
1868/11/01
1868/12/20
at Fort Beaufort

48 HENMAN Amy Jane
William Charles and Isabella of Fort Beaufort
1868/10/24
1868/12/22
at Fort Beaufort

63 DUGMORE Jessie Ann
John Thompson and Sidney? Rebecca of Bowden Albany
1868/11/15
1868/12/28

64 RUTHERFORD Maria Jane
William and Sarah Hannah of Seymour
1868/05/25
1868/08/02

65 WOODS Wynford Opannor?
James and Matha Emma of Stockenstroom
1868/07/09
1868/08/02

66 NO SURNAME IN REGISTER! Jonas
Jonas and Maria of Lushington
1867/09/??
1868/08/04

67 NO SURNAME IN REGISTER! Samy
Jonas and Maria of Lushington
1867/09/??
1868/08/04

68 BOWER Barend Daniel
Cornelius Tobias and Susannah Petronella of Stockenstroom
1868/04/27
1868/08/02

69 ROMANA? Edward Joseph
John and Katje of Seymour
1868/01/05
1868/08/18

70 GRADEDOE?? Emily
Charles and Alice of Seymour
1868/07/15
1868/09/06

71 VUSO Shadrack
Samuel and Mitje of Seymour
1868/07/29
1868/09/29

72 ARDOW?? Esther
John and Anna Johanna of Jurys Nek? Stockenstroom
1868/07/13
1868/10/06

73 CLOETE Caroline Elizabeth
Evelyn Gordon and Anna Maria of Waterfall Albany
1868/06/28
1868/11/22

74 BURMEISTER Sanna
Wilhelm and Sanna of Yellowwood King Williamstown
1864/07/24
1868/12/09

75 BURMEISTER Louisa
Wilhelm and Sanna of Yellowwood King Williamstown
1868/10/05
1868/12/09

76 BURMEISTER Johannes
Wilhelm and Sanna of Yellowwood King Williamstown
1867/11/04
1868/12/09

77 ROBINSON Agnes Ann
William Slater and Theresa Andrina of Blaukrantz Komag?
1867/01/18
1868/12/09

78 ROBINSON Sarah Caroline
William Slater and Theresa Andrina of Blaukrantz Komag?
1868/09/18
1868/12/09

More to follow
Rgds