Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-09 > 1064675420

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] LESLIE
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:10:20 +0200

Hi Ellen

I found them!

LESLIE
Hill Presbyterian Church, Belmont Terrace, Port Elizabeth
Parents: George LESLIE
Alice Agnes PHILIP

Duncan Dunbar
*24 Dec 1868
Bap. 3 Feb 1869
Place: At the home of the parents
Minster's name: T. Durant ? PHILIP

Isabel Yalden
*27 Dec 1869
Bap. 20 Feb 1870
Place: At the house of Mrs. PHILIP
Minster's name: David MALLACK ?

Ella Jane
*8 Jan 1871
Bap. 9 Feb 1871
Place: Home of parents?
Minister: David MALLACK?

William Alysurler? (I'm so sorry Ellen, I just can't make this out)
*14 May 1872
Bap. 10 Jul 1872
Place: Home of parents
Minister: David MALLACK

Guy Morison
*4 Nov 1873
Bap. 21 Dec 1873
Place: Hill Presbyterian Church
Minister: Charles G. FORRESTER?

John Durant
*20 Apr 1875
Bap. 12 May 1875
Place: At the house of the parents
Minister: T. Durant ? PHILIP

Now you have to help me out. Have looked up as far as 1886 and can't find an
inscription for Mary.
Got any pointers to assist me?

This book has been photostated and the left-hand side of the page is badly
"burnt" by the photostatting machine.
I would rather make you copies and send them to you, than scan them.
Please send me your home address off line and I will get it sorted out next
week for you.

Just one more thing. These Ministers had real flowing handwriting and for
the novice that I am, felt it very difficult to decipher.

Best wishes
Becky
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Researching: HENWICK; HILL; HORN(E); MEREDITH; DEYZEL; LARSEN; WILSON;
LYNAR; HENNING; STERLEY; THECK; BEST; BRAUN, GREENER; GLANVILLE.