Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-09 > 1064783994

From: "Ellen Stanton" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] LESLIE
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:20:15 -0500

Hi Becky,

WooHoo! I got so excited, my son had to come into the study to see if I had
flipped out! I owe you big time. I'll send my address to you direct, but I'm
very excited to see these certificates. My husband Ron asks that I convey
his thanks as well.

By the way, I'm pretty sure William's middle name is Alexander. I know what
you mean about the handwriting, having dealt with a fair amount of it
myself. More often than not, ministers did not cross their "T's". Wonder why
not?

Oh, and just so this email has some content, here's something I found for
you yesterday at the FHC.

Microfilm #1295028
Item 1
Pietermaritzburg Marriage Affidavits: 1883-1888

Entry #430
Husband: James Richard GLANVILLE, of Durban, Bachelor, 37, born St.
Phillip's, Bristol
Wife: Isabella LANGLANDS (nee WETT), Widow, 31, born Newcastle, No children
by previous marriage
Date: 4/13/1888

Regards,
Ellen Stanton