Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-11 > 1068071266

From: "Tony Abbitt" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] New Member - Researching ABBITT
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:27:46 -0000

Henry,

Thanks for replying to my message. I've taken a look at your web site (nice
layout - I like the use of the photos!) but I don't recognise any of the
family groups.

I know that the ABBITT surname arrived in South Africa intact as I have been
in touch with a descendant who has now further emigrated to Canada.
Together we are trying to find this missing UK/SA link. If I find further
clues I'll post onto the message board.

I've noticed a few question marks in your ABBOTT website. I'm not sure what
they are querying, but the following information may help...

ABBOTT, Richard.
b. 1867 - Thuxton, Norfolk?, England
There is only one Thuxton in my UK road atlas and that is located in
Norfolk, some 15km west of Norwich.

ABBOTT, Henry
b.14? Dec 1861 - Yeovil (Somersetshire?)
Yeovil is in the county of Somerset (Somersetshire is not a valid county
name)

Good luck with your research.

Tony.