Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-11 > 1068975945

From: Joan in NZ <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] HARVEY Family
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:45:45 +1300

Please help me clear up a HARVEY mystery.

My GGG grandmother Kezia HARVEY married John Charles William Anthony
DIESEL. (This is according to their daughter's death notice).
Kezia was apparently the daughter of Henry HARVEY and Sarah YATES.
Henry was born in 1792, Essex. Henry & Sarah had the following
children.
Henry
Edward George William David
Jacoba Elizabeth
Harriet Martha
Thomas William
Kezia
Margaret
Richard
Joseph.

Then I have another Henry HARVEY, born 1792, Essex, (and died 1850) but
married Mary Ann WITHAM (1790-1865).
They had the following children (Very similar names!)
Henry
Edward George Witham (Witham and WIlliam are very similar)
Daniel (No Daniel in first family)
Sarah Elizabeth (There is a Jacoba Elizabeth)
Kezia
Margaret
Richard
Thomas William.

This Kezia, however married John Francis GLEN. and they had 4 children.

Are these 2 Kezia's the same person and 2 marriages? Maybe a second
marriage? What about the discrepancies betweeen the 2 Kezia's
mothers....
Can anyone please help?

Joan