Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2004-02 > 1076741264

From: "Heather MacAlister" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] British Women who married German Soldiers
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:47:44 +0200

Hello Desiree

Sorry but not the case - the Kennaway were completely different to those
girls you mentioned.
The English women who married men of the German Legion BEFORE they left
England for British Kaffraria are:
Most of the names are obviously English but a few are doubtful. The spelling

of names may have been incorrect. Where the christian name is English but
the

surname doubtful, the woman has been included.

NAME HUSBAND MARRIAGE DATE

Adams, Adelaide Koch, Carl in Colchester
19.10.56

Bacon, Charlotte Ludwig, August in Colchester
19.10.56

Bacon, Emma Waterhöfer, Wilhelm on Britannia 16.11.56

Bagg, Marie Guillaume, Joseph in Colchester
9.11.56

Baker, Enna (Emma) Weber, Heinrich in Coichester 25.9.56

Battie, Henriette Schwachmeyer, Friedrich on Britannia
16.11.56

Bembsam (Benson), Mary Berger, Wilhelm in Colchester
19.10.56

Benson, Anna KehI, Joseph on Covenanter 24.1.57

Berry, Margaret(ha) Rolffs, Claus on Britannia 16.11.56

Bolter, Rose Randekant, Louis on Britannia
16.11.56

Bonacker, Carolina Brunnert, Johann in Gosport
16.11.56

Bonnet, Elizabeth Delhai, Louis on Britannia 9.11.56

Bradley, Harriet Goslich, Franz in Hythe 20.10.56

Brey (Bray), Martha Schellings, Johann on Britannia
16.11.56

Breybrook, Mary Anne Hartenstein, Carl in Colchester
8.9.56

Brown, Anna Graef, Herrmann in Gosport
15.11.56

Brown, Charlotte Nicolay, Carl on Britannia 16.11.56

Burton, Hannah Werner, Gustav on Britannia
16.11.56

Chapman(n), Lucy Schmidt, Franz on Britannia 18.11.56

Church, Charlotte Muller, Jacob on Britannia 8.11.56

Clark, Emma Gerkens, Johannes in Wooldridge 20.4.57

Clemens, Rosa Weibert, Frederich in Coichester 19.10.56

Clements, Eliza Muller, Wilhelm on Britannia 16.11.56

Husband ill-treated Eliza and left her destitute with 3 children. Her
parents, John

& M.A. Clements, asked for her to be repatriated. The government agreed. (CO

838 1865).

Clurk (Clerk), Emma Gerkens, Otto in Wooldridge 20.4.57

Coffin, Mary Heliwig, Wilhelm on Britannia
14.11.56

Cole, Mary Rossman, Samuel on Britannia
16.11.56

NAME HUSBAND MARRIAGE DATE

Condy, Harriet Wittovsky, Alexander on Covenanter 30.11.56

Cook, Jane Muller, Johann in Fort Murray 25.3.57

Crimpton, Isabella Bomm, Cornelius in Colchester 19.10.56

Davis, Sarah Bernhardt, August in Gosport
16.11.56

Day, Maria Asn, Carl in Colchester 18.8.56

Day, Saiel (Sally) Zeller, Wilhelm on Britannia 10,11.56

Dole, Mary Rossman, Wilhelm on Britannia
16.11.56

Egmont, Sarah Hacker, Wilhelm in Colchester
9.11.56

Emlock, Sarah Plath, Franz in Colchester 19.10.56

Erowsby, Emma Ruppert, Johann in Colchester 19.10.56

Eustace, Emma Von der Decken, Adolph in Colchester 17.11.56

Fanton, Eliza Istell, Carl in Wooldridge 22.4.57

Ferry, Emma Schaumburger, Friedrich on Britannia
16.11.56

Fuller, Mary Anne Möller, Christian on Britannia
16.11.56

Gall, Elizabeth Fischon, August in Colchester
19.10.56

Gall, Sarah Espritt, Adolph in Colchester 19.10.56

Gay, Elisa Billstein, Georg on Vulcan 31.1.57

Goberson, Sarah Gauer, Peter on Britannia 16.11.56

Goldin, Louisa Grossman, Peter on Britannia
16.11.56

Hall, Mary Anne Görtz, Friedrich in Colchester
14.10.56

Ham, Jemima Ackermann, Louis on Britannia 16.11.56

Heres (Herries), Sarah Heine, August on Britannia 16.11.56

Hine, Caroline Zeitz, Carl on Britannia 16.11.56

Hine, Elizabeth Engel, Carl on Britannia 16.lL56

Houerd (Howard), Sarah Hoppe, Ernst on Britannia 16.11.56

Houns, Mary Kayser, Franz on Britannia 16.11.56

Howard, Anna Millaer, Carl in Gosport 2.10.56

Jarlin, Elizabeth Zimmerman, Carl in Colchester 3.11.56

Jasley, Catherine Falkenstein, Otto in Colchester
19.10.56

Jeffrey, Sarah Gebels, Heinrich in Folkestone
16.10.56

Jerman, Jane Kutscher, Herrman on Brittannia
12.9.56

John, Fanny Hoffman, Carl on Britannia 16.11.56

Jones, Louisa Witzakowitz, Carl on Britannia
16.11.56

Jordan, Rosa Moritz, Max on Britannia 16.11.56

Jossin, Sarah Lachem, Wilhelm in Portsmouth
11.11.56

Joyce, Maria Ploetz, Heinrich in Colchester
2.11.56

Kettle (Ketter), Emilie(y) Sworonech/Scovroneck, Felix

in Colchester 11 .11.56

King, Elizabeth Berlin, Johann in Colchester 21.9.56

NAME HUSBAND MARRIAGE DATE

Klingworth, Elizabeth Fricke, Carl on Britannia 16.11.56

Loughlin, Mary Leichterkost, John in Gosport 16.11.56

McClure, Eliza Schweizer, Constantin in Gosport 21.10.56

Macdonald, Anna Gebert (Gevert), Otto on Britannia 16.11.56

Michaelson, Anna Borrmann, Hermann on Britannia 16.11.56

Mills, Jenny Kehrt, Jacob in Colchester 19.10.56

Morton, Emma Castorf, George in Colchester 31.10.56

Morton, Mary Decker, August in Colchester
30.10.56

Mourne, Bridget Hermannsen, Peter on Britannia 16.11.56

Nurse, Sarah Herbst, Austust in Colchester 19.11.56

Parish, Sarah Blenger, Heinrich on Britannia
16.11.56

Pesson, Ellen Schmidt, Johann on Britannia
16.11.56

Pesson, Mary Anne Richterman, Wilhelm in Colchester 3.10.56

Pledge, Anna Hinze, Heinrich on Covenanter 24.11.56

Ponter, Elizabeth Marmitzky, Adolph on Britannia
10.11.56

Popp, Eliza Kuhn, Christoph in Gosport
29.10.56

Pudgey, Elizabeth Hahn, Carl on Britannia 10.11.56

Pulters, Ellen Muller, Jacob on Britannia 8.11.56

Resson, Ellen Schmidt, August on Britannia
16.11.56

Rudlen, Johanna Wollenschläger, Johann in Colchester 19.10.56

Rudlen, Sarah Schlette, Heinrich in Colchester
19.10.56

Rumsey (Ramsey), Siebert, Herman in Colchester 19.10.56

Mary Anne

Simon, Anna Priess, Friedrich in Colchester
19.10.56

Simons, Louisa Ehm, Peter on Convenanter 15.1.57

Smith, Anna Rush, August on Britannia 16.11.56

Smith, Caroline Kunze, Rudolph in Colchester 19.10.56

Smith, Frances Meth, Franz on Britannia 16.11.56

Smith, Mary Hoslar, Jean on Britannia 9.11.56

Stanly(ley), Sarah Wilkins, Wilhelm in Colchester l9.
10.56

Starling, Carolina Mohlãu, Charles in Colchester
11.10.56

Stone, Anne Siegert, Carl on Britannia 16.11.56

Stone, Clara Erk, Bernhardt on Britannia 16.11.56

Symonds, Elizabeth Vogt, Rudolph on Britannia 16.11.56

Tandell, Emma Holborn, Fredrich in Colchester 17.10.56

Tay, Helene Thewis, Carl on Britannia 10.11.56

Taylor, Emily Seebauer, Carl in Colchester 19.10.56

Terrington, Louisa Ossenfeldt, Friedrich in Colchester
1.11.56

713

NAME HUSBAND MARRIAGE DATE

Vains(z), Mary Ann Wiede, Franz on Britannia 16.11.56

Verecker, Emma Just, August in Coichester 18.10.56

Wade, Emma Mohlâu, Christian in Coichester 11.10.56

Wade, Miranda Gastorf, Adolph in Colchester
19.10.56

Ward, Anna Mulder, Carl in Gosport 2.10.56

Wards, Lissy (Lizzie) Schmelzer, August on Britannia 16.11.56

White, Anna Roske, Gustav on Britannia 16.11.56

Williams, Mary Petry, Johann in Gosport 6.11.56

Williamson, Sarah Ehrich, Anton on Britannia 16.11.56

Willowby, Mary Anne Olesch, Wilhelm in Colchester 16.10.56

Wilson, Emma Van Huffel, Benno on Britannia
16.11.56

Winter, Maria Ternus, Georg in Colchester 18.10.56

Wright, Emma Schwartzel, Johannes in Colchester 18.10.56

Wright, Fanny Lempke, Carl in Colchester 1.11.56

Brittannia, Covenanter, Vulcan - ships on which immigrants sailed. Schedules
of

marriages printed in Government Gazette of 3 1.7.1857 and 12.2.1858.

regards
Heather

Heather's South African Genealogy Help List www.genealogy.co.za
The 1902 Municipal Voters Roll of Cape Town - Districts 1 to 6
The 1878 Voters Roll for the Cape is now available with tens of thousands
on names !!!
1805, 1829, 1835 and 1849 Cape Almanacs now on CD
The Juta's Directory of 1900 which lists residents of Cape Town from the
City Bowl until Simonstown.
To view our catalogue go to www.genealogy.co.za/scribes.html
Cape Town Family History Society www.genealogy.co.za/society.html