Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2004-02 > 1077673078

From: "Lesley Futter" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Thomas Sellom KING / Jeremiah HONEY
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:38:16 +0200

Dear Russell

Thomas Sellom King and Sarah Prime had 2 sons Thomas Francis who married
Sarah Honey and William Else who marrine Jemima Elizabeth Honey, daughters
of Jeremiah Honey

Thomas Francis and Sarah had amongst others Thomas Alfred King who married
Martha Knott. Martha was the daughter of Kemp Knott (who emigrated under the
name of William Harrison) and Ann Walker.

Her brothers and sisters were George, Mary,(came out under the name Harrison
too) Ann, John, Susannah, Sarah and Benjamin.

Martha and Thomas Francis had the following children

John Alfred, Thomas Francis, Sarah, Jessie, Mary Alice, George Walker,
Benjamin Scott, Martha Maude and Stephen William.

My great grandmother was Martha Maude, who married Sydney McIntyre who
produced my Gran Leslie McIntyre. She married George Pope-Hennessy and had
my mom Dorothy Jenifer who married Julian Lowry my dad.

I hope you can work this out. How do you fit in.

Lesley

> Thomas Sellom KING and Jeremiah HONEY are both my ancestors. How do you
> descend from Thomas Alfred KING? I'd appreciate any information regarding
> the offspring of Martha KNOTT and Thomas Alfred KING. Do you know who
> Martha's parents were?
>
> If you look at the List archives a fair bit has been written about Thomas
> Sellom KING. Regarding Jeremiah HONEY, here is his Death Notice and
Memorial
> Inscription below. let me know if you want more details.
>
> Regards
>
> Russell
>
> DEATH NOTICE TRANSCRIPTION SHEET
> Cape Town Death Notice No: MOOC 6/9/65 Filed on: 24/2/1854 Ref
> no:2403 Film No:
>
> Name of Deceased: Jeremiah Honey
> Birthplace: England, County Kent
> Nationality:
> Father: Jeremiah Honey
> Mother: n/s
> Age at Death: 69 years
> Condition in Life: Farmer
> Ordinary Residence: n/s
> Marital Status: Married
> Surviving Spouse: Anne Webb
> Predeceased Spouses /
> And Dates of Death: /
>
> Date of Death: 24 July 1853
> Place of Death: Bluekrantz, Albany
> Place of Last Marriage In England
> Children: Sarah
> Elizabeth
> Frances
> Catherine Spicer
>
> Comment: (Corres states that Jeremiah was 'of Collingham of this
Division')