Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2004-03 > 1080707508

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] BEAUFORT WEST WESLEYAN METHODIST CAPE BAPTISMS 1886
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:47:48 +0200

Herewith the next batch of Beaufort West baptism extracts. The registers
start in 1858 There is a gap in the records from 1866 to 1883 - If anyone
knows where I can get a copy of these years from I will be happy to
transcribe them!

Please don't forget to send me any corrections or details if you can clarify
any of the ???? Please ensure that you check everything for yourself. bear
in mind that these extractions are not source documents and you ought to
check the registers yourself for anything that connects with your research!

The information come from Item 23 Microfilm# 1560855 Wesleyan Methodist -
Beaufort West

The information is in the following order:
Ref (As per the register - I have transcribed all of the records - I will
try and edit out the "adult" baptisms when I post to the list)
Surname First Names
Parents with father's occupation and their address (if given in register)
Birth date (y/m/d)
Baptised date (y/m/d)
Location of Baptism (if given)

28 EAGER Grace Jane Euphnayne?
Blasnerhasset? And Susan Maralla? Strecth (born DEVENISH) of Schildelspan
Victoria West
1885/10/28
1886/01/04
baptised at Salt River Nelspoort Beaufort West

29 HILL Johannes Frans
James and Johanna Christina (born BALIE) of nelsport Beaufort West
1873/09/16 (not a typo)
1886/01/05
baptised at Nelspoort Beaufort West

30 HILL Thomas William
James and Johanna Christina (born BALIE) of nelsport Beaufort West
1884/09/24
1886/01/05
baptised at Nelspoort Beaufort West

31 PIETERSEN Thomas Robert
Thomas Robert and Dinah Elizabeth (born KINNEAR) of Beaufort West
1885/10/17
1886/01/16

32 MUSTO Norman ???
John Charles Tennant and Fanny Alicia of Little England Beaufort
1886/02/03
1886/02/21

33 KINNEAR Percival Henry
Edward and Maria (born TOBEN?) of Kimberley
1886/02/23
1886/05/30

34 ROSE Gwendoline
Peter Daniel and Catherina Maria Duming (born JOHNSON) of Nieuweveldt
Beaufort West
1886/06/19
1886/07/04
sponsors: Maria Ester THWARTS, Elizabeth Maria DE VILLIERS (born MEIRING),
Dora Eliza BRANSBY, Theodore Charles W JOHNSON

35 MCLEAN Beatrice Eliza
James and Adriana Maria of Beaufort West
1886/07/02
1886/08/01

49 HARDE Anna Susanna
Married of Beaufort West
1857/12/25
1886/09/24

52 HARDUE Fuke of Beaufort West
1839/08/15
1886/09/24

48 JONAS Sebena Johanna
widow of Beaufort West
abt 24 yrs
1886/09/24

45 KLAASTE Lena Frances
Married of Beaufort West
1861/03/??
1886/09/24

46 LATELLA Maria Sophia
Married of Beaufort West
1863/08/17
1886/09/24

47 MALGAS Eliza Meletta
unmarried of Beaufort West
abt 24 yrs
1886/09/24

51 RESANT Augustus
unmarried of Beaufort West
1863/08/17
1886/09/24

50 RESANT Sophia Martina
unmarried of Beaufort West
1861
1886/09/24

36 HODGSON Sylvia Dorothy Fanny
Hamilton John William and Charlotte Mary Chalmers (born SMITH)
1886/10/22
1886/11/07

40 ADAMS Magdalene Rose
John and Elsie of Beaufort West
1886/10/01
1886/11/19

39 RESANT Johanna Sophia
Moss and Sarah of Beaufort West
1886/06/17
1886/11/19

38 RESANT Margareta Mabula
Moss and Sarah of Beaufort West
1884/11/04
1886/11/19

37 WOCKE Ellen Maria
John James and Maria W of Beaufort West
1886/09/19
1886/11/19

55 BOOYSSEN Sarah Catharina
unmarried of Beaufort West
1866/05/11
1886/11/26

56 KLINK Sophia Elizabeth
married of Bruinrug Salt River BW
abt 38 yrs
1886/11/26

53 RESANT Moos Pieter
Married of Beaufort West
1859/10/01
1886/11/26

54 RESANT Sarah Magdalena
Married of Beaufort West
1860/05/10
1886/11/26

41 KLINK Josiah Rudolf
Franz and Sophia (born JAFTA) of Bruigrug Dall? River BW
1886/09/14
1886/12/12

42 WILKINS Mabel Florence
William Joseph and Emma Ellen (born KEMM) of Richmond Road
1886/10/15
1886/12/14

58 AAMMESRLAG Martha Francina
unmarried of Bruinrug Salt River BW
abt 20 yrs
1886/12/29

43 DIMINIE Augusta
Abraham and Margaret of Bruinrug Salt River BW
1875/07/20
1886/12/29

44 DIMINIE Nicholas
Abraham and Margaret of Bruinrug Salt River BW
1878/04/24
1886/12/29

60 DIMINIE Wilhelmina
Abraham and Margaret of Bruinrug Salt River BW
1879/02/24
1886/12/29

59 JAFTA Katrina Magdalena
unmarried of Bruinrug Salt River BW
abt 18 yrs
1886/12/29

61 TAIT Eliza
Charles and Maria (born FRASER) of Baaken Rug BW
1886/11/08
1886/12/29

57 THERON Petronella Sophia
unmarried of Bruinrug Salt River BW