Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2004-12 > 1102770357

From: Andy Boyd <>
Subject: Rowan brick wall....
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:05:57 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,
Further to my previous investigations into my gggrandfather Alexander Rowan I have now come across more information (another brick from the wall has been removed...) on his whereabouts.
According to records Alexander maintains he was a manager of a gold field in South Africa, I have recently discovered that he was at Kemati Gold Fields, Steynsdorfe, Pretoria from early 1883 til 1890 when he returned to Glasgow.
Could anyone give me any information on this gold field? or the area concerned?
I have tried Google etc to no avail.

Many thanks
Andy

This thread: