Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2006-07 > 1153921280

From: Sue Mackay <>
Subject: Settler Correspondence - William GILLARD
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:41:20 +0100 (BST)

Transcribed by Alan keightley from CO48/43 at the
National Archives in Kew, London

388
No. 16 Callow Hill Street
Bristol
My Lord
I humbly beg to inform your Lordship that I am a stout
able-bodied man aged 27 always brought up to
agriculture that I wish to go to the Cape of Good Hope
with my wife as I can advance the ten pound required
for that purpose and I humbly solicit that your
Lordship will please to allow me to go to the Cape is
a settler your Lordship's answer with information will
much oblige
My Lord
Your Lordship's humble servant
William GILLARD X his mark