Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2008-06 > 1212827017

From: "Eric and Gwyneth Lawton" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] WIGGILL surname connections ATTWELL
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:23:37 +1200

Hi Marielle,
Replies from two Erics may well confuse you! But yes, Robert St Ledger
Attwell does ring a bell for me.
I have him as born on 11 Feb 1849 in Victoria East, Cape. He married Kate
Coombe in abt 1877.She was born in the Cape in abt 1855 and died in 1940
{TAB: MHG: ref.1916/40]
There are a few references to Robert in the Archives:- The last is in 1911
when he applied for the lease of 100 morgen [KAB: 3/ELN; vol.651; ref.77/37]
so I assume he died after 1911, I think in Benoni aged 59.
Regards
Eric Lawton
He was a son of James Attwell and Susan Parr.