Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2008-12 > 1228786296

Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Natal Birth & Tvl Marriage
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:31:36 -0500

I am really sorry you are having so much trouble getting what you need. Each one of the family history centers should have a phone number and a listing of when they are open...it's on www.familysearch.org?

I am an American who has worked in a family history center there for many years. We had posted hours and pretty much stuck to the schedule unless there was a big snowstorm that prevented us from being there. Also we had a telephone listed on the website and in the telephone book that had a message machine attached to tell you what hours we were open when we were not there to answer the phone ourselves. I am currently living in Paraguay, but even here the FH centers have regular hours and telephone numbers etc.

I would have looked the info up for you but I was not sure which FH center you were trying to reach--is Gauteng or Natal in Australia?

You can also look up the catalog of the main library in Salt Lake City on the same website, www.familysearch.org to see if the records you want have been filmed before you drive a long distance to the center.

Pat Lowe
formerly Woodbury Minnesota, now Asuncion Paraguay