Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2012-01 > 1327728435

From: "Cheri Marshall" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] Mary Marcella MARSHALL married three times?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 15:27:15 +1000

Hi list,
Marshall experts and KING?
Please help here as I have perhaps muddled some info. Both daughters of
Martha Maria BREEN and Peter Doyle MARSHALL.
>From a 2003 list discussion source Sharon and Becky I have: " Amelia Barbara
MARSHALL (1868-1896) m Joseph William KING. Because she
died so young (27) and only had one child, Ida Frances Evelyn, it's
quitepossible he married again. "
I have that Joseph William KING married her married October 25,
1889.(source Hugo Slater) all good so far with several sources.

My problem is that I have Joseph William KING also the husband of her sister
Mary Marcella MARSHALL.
I have Mary Marcella as married three nn ELLIS(see list entry
discussion 2003)then to KING see underneath and then to Alexander NIELSON:
>From Anne CLARKESON's transcripts on

Alexander NEILSON, bachelor, schoolmaster, 35 yrs, of Fairford, Cathcart

Mary Marcella KING, born MARSHALL, widow, storekeeper, 36 yrs, of Fairford,

By 1910 on her mothers Dn she is still mrs NEILSON. In 1905 she was the
widow KING. Before 1905 she was mrs ELLIS(nn)(see Ancestry 24 open section

So basically I have that Joseph William KING married the sister Amelia
Barbara, then when she died in 1896 he married her sister Mary Marcella who
was the widow of ELLIS and then he died in 1902(see NAAIRs)...then she
remarries NIELSON? three marriage for her...has someone else got this as well? The
only thing I am missing is proof of the ELLIS as by 1911 she is still
executor of William Joseph KING's estate.
Have I muddled it?

This thread: