SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 1999-07 > 0932757683

From: "Barbara Prowse" <>
Subject: Re: Hanger in SA - if you are not interested in them press delete
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:21:23 +0100

Dear Janet, I am glad your Saunders Tree is panning out. It's such fun
making new links.
Thank you very much for the HANGER information. I'm VERY interested. Bindon
Ernest is our direct
line, and it's good to have all the details of his brothers and sisters. I
think Edward Norman must have married a cousin?.

I have several queries now. Plus a bit of confusion. did your information
come from Catharina's obituary?
for Catharina Jacomina Ferreira now seems to have different parents. I was
told they were Thomas
Ignatius Ferreira and Maria Magdalena Haarhoff. but here her mother is
Johanna Jacomina Ferreira.
Was MMH a previous wife? Do you know anything about JJF in your Ferreira
database?

1. Under her child number 2 it says "&dumpsmen". what does that mean?
2. Does child no. 1. - WN - have a full name?
3. Is there any more information on Bindon Hanger? He is our direct line.
Someone sent me the information that he was the subject of a lawsuit: State
versus Bindon Hanger for theft - and I'm waiting for more info' on that. My
three year old grandson told me he wants to be a thief when he grows up, so
perhaps it runs in families!!

Thanks for your help.
Barbara