SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2000-01 > 0948293442

From: "Johan van Zyl" <>
Subject: Re: READING STAIRS DISKS
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:50:42 +1100

Still the same thing, DOSSHELL was just a file Manager which would
open the file in QBASIC Editor or whatever editor installed under
DOS when you click on it.

No multitasking or any such junk, *just* a File and Directory
Manager.

so instead of typing in : EDIT FILENAME.EXT to open the
file, you could just double click it.

There is *no* software or files ever written that will only run
under the DOSSHELL interface, (which was a copy of
Norton Commander anyway). It worked on associating
executables with certain file extensions.

Johan
Down
Under

"DOSSHELL: In case you've never heard of it, DOSSHELL,