SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2000-02 > 0950880718

From: Wally & Elrine Greig <>
Subject: Re: surname interests
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:31:58 +0200

HI, David - To be truthful, I don't really know. The connection is that my
maternal grandfather's sister, Lucy [called Lulu], married one Harry Pike,
and they had 4 children: Gwen, Eileen, Cliff and Claude [a minister of
religion]. Lulu died and "uncle Harry" marrried again in Grahamstown, going
on to have twin daughters. The above Claude Pike lead my maternal
grandfather's funeral service. G'dad was Gervase Wood Saunders and died in
1951.
As you can see, I am only starting on the never-ending journey through the
family forests! Any help will be most gratefully accepted...
Kind regards
Elrine Greig