SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2000-03 > 0953335213

From: "Anne Doggett" <>
Subject: Cowling
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:20:13 +0000

This is a repeat of a request I made a few weeks ago with only one reply
from Tricia Stoole who had problems because of my Japanese software.
Tricia - I think I have fixed the problem now.
I'm looking information about William Cowling and family. He migrated to
Cape Town from Yorkshire in around 1882-5 with his wife Ellen Sykes and his
children Frank, Mary Louisa, Sarah Jane, John William, Samuel, Archibald
and Percy. William was born in 1845 and I have the record of his baptism.
He died in 1906 and was buried at the Maitland Rd cemetery Cape Town. One
daughter married a man called Traviss and they had a daughter Peggy who died
on May 2, 1981. Percy was baptised in St George's Cathedral Cape Town on
June 10, 1889. Anything at all would be very much appreciated. I have
tried the IGI and other sources without success.
Also - if anyone would help me by looking up a Cape Town or Johannesburg
phone book for addresses of anyone with the name Cowling I would be
extremely grateful
Anne Doggett
Melbourne
Australia