SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2000-05 > 0957816422

From: "Mark" <>
Subject: OLIVIER Family
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 22:07:02 +0200

Hello Vic,

I am descended from both Ockert Corneliszoon and Hendrik Corneliszoon Olivier, I believe they where brothers and assume that both of their Verwey wives were sisters. I have not managed to take the line any further back, if you know the names of their parents and that of their wives would you please inform me.
I would also be curious to know if there is a link to another Huguenot Olivier who settled in England in 1688, his name is Rev. Jourdain Olivier and was chaplain to William of Orange. (he is an ancestor of Sir Laurence Olivier)

Regards,
Mark Lingenfelder.