SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2000-11 > 0973492051

From: "Cliff Hall" <>
Subject: Re: Look-Up - Aided Immigration and British Residents
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:27:31 +0200

Hi
and thanks for the offer.
Been looking for a proverbial needle in a haystack and s.k.s. suggested my
research
should perhaps focus prior to 1820.
Keith Meintjes first wrote some while back as follows:
"I notice that Edward Hall x Elizabeth Clark is in SA Genealogies Vol. 3 p.
40. Their son, Edward, was born in Grahamstown about 1844. It is possible
that both Edward and Elizabeth were children of 1820 settlers, born in South
Africa.
I have photocopies of the Halls and Clark(e)s from Peter Philip's book -
could scan them for you, if you like. "

However I could not find a link to the Hall's listed in either Nash or
Hockley and subsequently was suggested that I look pre-1820. What I know
so far is that Edward and Elizabeth had 6 children, that Elizabeth died (no
date) and that Edward appears to have remarried an Elizabeth Skinner.

Any assistance or advice would be sincerely appreciated.
CLIFF HALL
Sports Marketing Solutions
Box 15760, Emerald Hill 6011
T(0)41 3791285 T/F 27 (0)41 3793924