SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2000-11 > 0974205536

From: "Jennifer Jennifer" <>
Subject: Re: Look-Up - Aided Immigration and British Residents
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:38:56 EST

For Margaret Harradine
Africana Librarian
Port Elizabeth City Libraries

Re: Birch Family Search.

Could you help me to locate information as to records of a person departing
South Africa for Australia in the period 1850-1900. This is our only missing
link from the present time back to c.980.

FREDERICK M. BIRCH b-26th May 1832 in Pertabghur, India. d- 1901 in
Pretoria, South Africa.

FREDERICK M BIRCH Married ANN MORRIS/MORRISON She was born 14th April 1834
in Calcutta, India. and died 1907 in Pretoria, South Africa. They had issue
of three children:
i = JOSEPH BIRCH b-1853 in South Africa.
ii = GEORGE BIRCH b-1855 in South Africa.
iii = ANN BIRCH b-1857 in South Africa.

Joseph married in Sydney, Australia in 1882. But we have not been able to
locate his entry to Australia nor his death in or out of Australia.

Would you be able to give me advise as to whom to contact or where to look
for information as to him leaving South Africa.

Regards

Jennifer.
Sydney 2000

P.S. We have no other information on his sibling (if any one can help)