SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-01 > 0980485845

Subject: Re: Bentley
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:10:45 +0000 (GMT)

My husbands aunt, Rene, was married to Eric Bentley. They farmed in the
Winterton district and had four children. Eric was born about 1905. I can find
out from Joy (one of their daughters) who is who. She did want me to start
doing some investigating when I was finished with my own side. I'll let you
know if I find anything helpful.

Tessa King
Johannesburg

> Can anyone help me find any long-lost relatives in South Africa. My great
aunt emigrated
from England around 100 years ago and she and her husband set up home in
Johannesburg or
Pretoria. I believe he was employed in the diamond mines and also at some time
as a
prison warder in Pretoria. They were RICHARD ("Dick") and MARY ALICE BENTLEY.
They had at
least three South African born children: RENE BENTLEY; HAROLD BENTLEY and
RICHARD BENTLEY,
all of whom would be elderley now if, indeed, they still survive. But it may
well be that
they all married and had children, even grandchildren or greatgrandchildren. I
shall be
most grateful for any information.