SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-01 > 0980755420

From: Derek Pratt <>
Subject: Re: Chaffeys
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:03:40 +0100

Dear Richard,
There is a retired Anglican clergyman in Cape Town - Kenneth Arthur
Chaffey - He was ordained in 1931 so I expect he was born 1900-1910. I
believe he is in his 90's - I think 93. He was rector of Sea Point for many
years (my old parish). I went and chatted to him about his work while I was
at THeological College - 1995. Nice old man. I'm not sure where he was
born or where he studied - it would be in Crockfords Clerical Directory of
the early 1950 or 60's. I know he is in the 1959 one because I have that
edition BUT it is still packed as I have just moved to a new parish.

I was told he was now in a nursing home as he is not at all well and can no
longer be looked after by his wife Patricia. Her phone number is 021
7128843
or check the CPSA Web site http://www.cpsa.org.za
Regards
Derek Pratt