SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-06 > 0991800277

From: Keith Meintjes <>
Subject: Re: [Thomas Barnett]
Date: 6 Jun 2001 00:04:43 EDT

A really long shot, but I found the following in the SA Archives

DEPOT KAB
SOURCE MOOC
TYPE LEER
VOLUME_NO 6/9/10233
SYSTEM 01
REFERENCE 87006
PART 1
DESCRIPTION TAPPER, EVA. NEE BARNETT. ESTATE PAPERS.
STARTING 19430000
ENDING 19430000

Best wishes
Keith

Lorraine Wuth <> wrote:
In 1869 Hannah Olivia BARNETT wrote her Will. Hannah was a widow. Her
son Thomas, born in 1834 at Remenham, Berks, England, just across the
River Thames from Henley-on-Thames.

According to Hannah's Will, an Indenture dated March 7, 1865 stated that
Thomas was late of the Province of Cape Colony but then as of Remenham.
It is unclear whether Thomas was in Cape Colony in 1869 as Hannah does
not give any further indications of his whereabouts.

Thomas and his wife Thomasine had one daughter: Eva May BARNETT, born in
1858. Provisions in the Will of Hannah referred to assistance to be
provided to Eva May should she decide to return to England, implying
that Eva May was not in England in 1869.

If anyone has any information about this BARNETT family (Thomas,
Thomasine and Eva May) I would be most grateful.

Lorraine Wuth
Canberra, Australia

searching for Barnett, Brangwin, Deane, Denham, Dreweatt and others
originating in England but now all over the world!