SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0994248600

From: Keith Meintjes <>
Subject: Cape Archives - Meaning of terms
Date: 4 Jul 2001 08:10:00 EDT

Could listers please help me with the following. I have the following
sequence of four documents in the Cape Archives, DEPOT KAB.

There is no document described as "Death Notice" for this individual. The
first two, "Will" and "Inventory", are accompanied by the same documents for
his wife.

What do these documents probably contain? Can I assume he died in 1858? As
did his wife?

What is the significance of the "insolvent" entry, and what is Depot MOIB?

Thanks in advance. (I am not asking that anyone look up these documents for
me.)

Keith

====================

SOURCE MOOC
VOLUME_NO 7/1/237
DESCRIPTION WAHL, DANIEL. WILL.
STARTING 18570000
ENDING 18570000
REMARKS FILED 1858.

SOURCE MOOC
VOLUME_NO 7/1/237
DESCRIPTION WAHL, DANIEL. INVENTORY.
STARTING 18580000
ENDING 18580000
REMARKS FILED 1858.

SOURCE MOIB
VOLUME_NO 2/909
DESCRIPTION WAHL, DANIEL. INSOLVENT LIQUIDATION AND DISTRIBUTION ACCOUNT.
STARTING 18590000
ENDING 18600000

SOURCE MOOC
VOLUME_NO 13/1/185
DESCRIPTION WAHL, DANIEL. LIQUIDATION AND DISTRIBUTION ACCOUNT.
STARTING 18600000
ENDING 18600000

This thread: