SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0994449590

From: "Anthony Rouse" <>
Subject: RE: UK List
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:59:50 +0100

I live in the UK. I have obtained information on deaths from a search of the
index of deaths (free)and from the death certificate itself (you have to buy
a full certified copy for 6 pounds 50 pence - you cannot just look at it).
You can also do a search of the Index of Wills free of charge - this
contains some useful information such as where and when the person died,
those who executed the will, etc. Copies of the will itself cost 5 pounds
(it cannot be just looked at free).
Anthony