SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0994462143

From: "Barbara Boyer" <>
Subject: Re: Photographer
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 00:29:03 +0100

I have a photo of my Hosking ascendants which was taken by Alf F. Hosking
who, according to the photo, had a studio in Pritchard Street, Johannesurg
and Adderley Street, Cape Town, It also says 'By special appointment the
childrens studio'. Does anyone know of these studios? The photo looks as if
it were taken around 1913/16 by the looks of my grandfather who was born in
1900. He looks 13 to 16 years old in the photo.

I have an Alfred Filmer Hosking born 1869 in mmy tree and I assume it is the
samme person who took the photo.

Regards
Barbara
UK