SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0994504084

From: "Barbara Boyer" <>
Subject: Re: Bathurst
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 12:08:04 +0100

I was wondering if anyone could do a lookup for me on John FILMER who
apparently lived in Bathurst in SA.

They would have moved to SA after 1838. John FILMER, according to his
daughter's birth certificate was married to Jane BAKER. He, or his father
won a prize for his bull in Bathurst, so maybe there are records of farmers
achievements.

*I have a photo of a John FILMER born 1770 died 1853 which would make him my
GG Grandmother's Grandfather as my GG Grandmother was born in 1838. My GG
Grandmother's name was Sarah Charlotte FILMER born 3 September 1838 in
Maidstone Kent died 24 April 1904 married to William HOSKING born 1839 died
6 Feb 1884.

Regards
Barbara

This thread: