SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0995040208

From: "Bill Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: The Archives
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:03:28 -0400

Hi Hugo,

When I visited the Cape Archives last March in person I had four,
multi-paged, "not to be copied" documents. I asked how they could help and
the kind lady offered to have them copied and I could pick them up a week
later.
When I explained that I was from overseas, she offered to have them
photographed in black & white and send me the negatives, at a reasonable
price plus postage, paid in advance - which we did. I received the negs
about 5/6-weeks later. I thought they were most considerate & helpful. [of
coarse, I approached them with all the relative files in my arms, with my
documents ear-marked with a slip of paper]

It is possible that the rules have changed or maybe it was just my lucky
day.

Bill Wilson ~ Canada