SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0995346754

From: "Joanne Pritchard" <>
Subject: Re: Zimbabwe information
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:12:34 +0200

Hi there Madeline and Andrew

I live in Mutare, Zimbabwe. It is still a little town in the valley and
(yes) we still know nearly everyone! :-)

Madeline - I re-subscribed to the List a day or so ago and haven't got your
original e-mail regarding Mary Laura Chapman. Was she American or English?
You say she first went England and then on to the States when she left here.
I ask this advisedly, as there are 3 large Missions in the Mutare area :
Hartzell (Methodist-American); St Augustines (Anglican or Church of
England - British) and; St Joseph's - (Roman Catholic - Irish and German).

If you like, I could phone them and find out if they have records going back
to the 20's and if your aunt's been mentioned.

Kind regards
Jo-anne Pritchard