SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0996025105

From: Taryn Jones <>
Subject: Peter Jones, Boer War
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:38:25 -0700

Dear list
I have returned to the list after an absence of over one year. I
have a new query! I recently visted my gr aunt, who said that my gg
uncle DID NOT die in the Boer War, but settled in South Africa. Does
anyone know how I could find more about where he settled (settlers
records?) or is anyone out there descended from him? His name was Peter
Jones, and he was born about 1880 in St Martin's Shropshire, England.
His parents were William and Catherine (Preston) Jones. In 1881 the
family was in Liverpool and in 1891 they were in Chirk, N. Wales. How
can I find out more about his service in the Boer War if this is all I
know?

Thanks!

Taryn Jones
Canada