SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0996277869

From: "Bruce Jefferson" <>
Subject: BOER WAR RECORDS
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:51:09 +1000

Hi,
I have not long joined the list and have viewed the comments and help with interest and now I would like to try and ask someone if they might know where I can get hold of the Boer War records pertaining to my grandfather's service. My father was born in South Africa in 1904 and on his birth & baptism certificates grandfather stated he was in the Royal Engineers ,The Castle, I have tried looking at the Web page for the Royal Engineers but it didn't seem to help me with what I want. I do not know if grandfather served in the WW1 when he returned to England after 1912. He would be to old for the Second War. So, if there is anyone who might be able to assist me I would be very much pleased.
Thanking you

Elaine Jefferson

This thread: