SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0996355542

From: Pamela Lewin <>
Subject: Re: Photographers Grahamstown and Cape Town and Port Elizabeth
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:25:42 -0700

At 06:58 PM 28/07/01 +0200, you wrote:

>The Arthur Elliot collection is in the Cape Town Archives.
>Wally Greig

I have found this thread very interesting and would welcome any details on
the photographers named mentioned below:

ex Grahamstown:

1. "HEPB?AN" . I would very much like to know this complete name as it is
now indistinguishable because some fish moths found the glue underneath the
backing rather tasty!
Circa 1890

ex Cape Town:

2. "TAYLOR" circa 1905

ex Port Elizabeth

3. "HARRIS & GILLARD" circa 1893
4. "PARIS STUDIO" dated 22 May 1889
5. O. BATTENHAUSEN circa 1884

Pam Lewin, now living in Victoria B.C. Canada but sixth generation South
African!

This thread: