SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0996448709

From: "Doug & Pat Frykberg" <>
Subject: Re: Matthews & Mafking SA
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:18:29 +1200

There is an E Mathews in the Civil Hospital Staff list. they were not
attached to the Army Nursing Service but were rewarded for nursing military
patients in civil Hospitals. they are presumed to have been born in or
permanently resident in South Africa. She was at the Victoria Hospital
Mafeking in on the exact date of 17 April 1901 From " The south African War
21899-1902 Service Records for British and colonial Women - A record of the
service in South Africa of the Military and civilian Nurses , Laywomen and
Civilians.
By Sheila Gray. Pub Auckland 1993 ISBN 0-473-01926-4
Pat