SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0996460443

From: Keith Meintjes <>
Subject: Re: DE VILLIERS / LOTZ
Date: 29 Jul 2001 22:34:03 EDT

Wally,

I will reply to the details of your questions about the de Villiers / Lotz
connections off the list. For those who are interested, the book is

Genealogy of the de Villiers Family in South Africa
Compiled by Juna Malherbe and Alet Malan
Huguenot Memorial Museum 1997

The LOTZ connections listed in the book are: (Format is Page: Lotz x de
Villiers)

438: Alida Maria x 29.3.1864 David Jacobus Johannes
13: Andrew Peter (Andy) x 20.5.1961 Dina Margaretha Elizabeth
251: Anna Johanna x 14.12.1945 Dawid Abraham
478: Christoffel Johannaes Wilhelm Lourens x 26.10.1881 Beatrix Hendrina
461: Frans Jacobus x 29.4.1873 Elisabeth Maria
657: Frans Jacobus x 28.6.1915 Maria (Mona)
206: Gertruida x 21.7.1951 Sarel Jacobus
625: Godlieb Andries Willem x 6.4.1854 Johanna Esther (she xx)
564: Johanna Catharina x 2.12.1878 Andries Gerhardus
68: Judith Fransina x 4.4.1981 Albert Willem
468: Nicolaas Jacobus x ?.4.1811 Magdalena Cornelia
451: Pieter Marthinus Lourens x 31.12.1836 Alida Maria

Best wishes
Keith

=======================
"Wally Lotz" <> wrote:
Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your offer of a look-up in the de Villiers family book. I
have the following members of the de Villiers family on my tree in respect
of whom there are gaps in the info I have :-

Alida Maria de Villiers, married in Swellendam 31.12.1836 to Pieter
Marthinus Lourens Lotz. Dates and places of her birth, baptism and death
required.

Beatrix Hendrina de Villiers (do Jan Daniel de Villiers & Francisca Jacoba
Maria Lind), married Christoffel Johannes Wilhelm Lourens Lotz abt. 1864
(his second marriage). Dates and places of her birth, baptism, death and
marriage required.

Johanna Esther de Villiers (do Jan Petrus de Villiers & Anna Johanna NN),
married Godlieb Andries Willem Lotz abt. 1840. She was born in Cape Town
abt. 1823 and died in Colesberg on 1.4.1897. Dates and places of her birth,
baptism amd marriage required.

Daniel de Villiers married Anna Helena Johanna Lotz (do of the marriage of
the preceding paragraph). All details required in respect of both.

Dina Maria de Villiers (do David Jacobus de Villiers & Johanna Uys) born
Swellendam abt. 1835 and died in Hopetown on 5.9.1871. She married Jan
Willem Lotz abt. 1858. Required dates and places of her birth, baptism and
marriage.

Elizabeth Maria de Villiers (do Dirk Cornelis de Villiers & Elizabeth Maria
Lombaard) born in Kraga, Cape Colony abt.1853 and died at Rietvlei, dist.
Harrismith on 6.8.1878. She married Frans Jacobus Lotz (killed in Boer War)
abt. 1873. Required dates and places of her birth, baptism and marriage.

I hope that the aforegoing will not be too much trouble for you and look
forward to your reply in due course.

Best wishes,
Wally Lotz