SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-07 > 0996509728

From: Eileen & Marty Russell <>
Subject: Re: BAMFORD
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:15:28 +0200

Dear Margaret
This probably won't help your research but the place name could be Ingwavuma. The closest I've been is passing the signpost on the way to Ndumu Reserve and Kosi Bay (which are tucked in to the bit of Natal that borders on Swaziland, Moçambique and the Indian Ocean).

I have been trying to think what there could have been in Ingwavuma in 1912 and all I can come up with are mission station, trading store and perhaps a police post.

Eileen
Richards Bay