SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-11 > 1006677519

From: "Heather MacAlister" <>
Subject: Re: Tequila, RUBIDGE and MURRAY
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:38:39 +0200

Hello Russell

Could not help but notice you mentioning about the Thurtells changing their
surnames to Murray.
I have a very dear cousin who is a farmer just outside Knysna who I think
belongs to the Murray's who changed there surname.
He has a large collection of Murray antiquities which are worth a fortune.
Have you ever come across Rodger Murray ? One of his ancestors was a poet
Lauriat, another a doctor and I am sure he mentioned more.
kind regards
Heather

Heather's South African Genealogy Help List can be found at
www.genealogy.co.za