SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2001-12 > 1009098445

From: Keith Meintjes <>
Subject: Re: [HAYWARD/HODGKINSON]
Date: 23 Dec 2001 04:07:25 EST

In NAAIRS there is a DN for Walter John (1939), and a will (1874) and DN
(1875) for Arabella. These may answer your question.

Best wishes
Keith
=========================
"Russell" <> wrote:
Dear Listers

I note that there has been some discussion re HODGKINSON recently. On my
1820 Settler CLAYTON tree I have Walter John HODGKINSON b. 7 May 1869 m. 20
Jan 1904 Vivian Ann MANDY.

At the St. John's Anglican Cemetery in Bathurst there is a memorial
inscription to Walter HODGKINSON, son of John and Arabella HODGKINSON, who
died 24th December 1879, aged 22 years. H.E. Whittal states in his book on
the WHITTALs that Walter HODGKINSON was born 7th May 1869. It is not known
whether these are the same individual.

Can somebody clear up this minor confusion, or add any details?

Merry Christmas

Russell