SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2002-05 > 1021161668

From: "Everett MARSHALL" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA] Posting Interests - EMSLIE
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:01:08 -0400

How sad the 'Rant' about the 1820 CD

The EMSLIE lady who published the book spoke with me. She was unable to
find EMSLIE people that I found. Should I now 'freak out' - get jealous and
refuse to share? I cannot or choose not to afford her EMSLIE book. That
is my choice.

James (Jimmy} Charles EMSLIE born 3 Mar 1879 married Henrietta (Jet) Matilda
LANDSBERG. [aka VON LANDSBERG] James had diabetes and died 1917. He then
was buried in Roodeport, Tvl.
My 92 year old mother, now living in Cape Town remembers James.

The widow (Jet) LANDSBERG/EMSLIE then married my grandfather William G.
MARSHALL - also a widower with three MARSHALL daughters.

James and (Jet) EMSLIE had two daughters. One daughter is a Mrs. Isabel
EMSLIE/MCMASTER who was living in Bedfordview Tvl. South Africa with a
niece. I shall enquire what the home address is from my 90 year old aunt
living in Ixopo, Natal.

I have extensively researched some of the above - complete with official
death notice, will etc.

Also William Kenward EMSLIE father of Charles Frederick EMSLIE father of
James.

[Gamwell] Everett [Wilhelm] MARSHALL

This thread: